This year we will be Emerging Creatively. At a time when the world continues to face uncertainty and challenges, opportunities exist to explore new ideas, take risks and see successful and influential leaders emerge creatively in the community.
The 2022 conference will focus on gender equality and diversity, resilience and recovery in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and of course, supporting women’s leadership in local government.
Sunday 5 June
We welcome you for a welcoming cocktail event to begin the conference. Guests will have the opportunity to network amongst leaders in local government and beyond over drinks, finger food and light entertainment from local violinist Carole McGregor.
|When:||The night will begin at 6pm|
|Where:||SAM (Shepparton Art Museum)
Victoria Park Lake, Shepparton. View Map
Monday 6 June
The Conference will commence with the formal program finishing at 5pm but the Conference will not end there! You are welcome to attend the closing Gala Dinner on Monday night at Riverlinks Eastbank from 6pm.
Guests will have the opportunity to network on arrival while being entertained by local Yorta Yorta singer songwriter Madi Colville-Walker. Over a three course meal attendees will hear from Dr Tasneem Chopra OAM, as she delivers a keynote address.
|When:||Commencing at 9am, concluding at 5pm, followed by closing Gala Dinner from 6pm.|
70 Welsford Street, Shepparton. View Map
Conference speakers will include:
- Professor Catherine Bennett, Chair Epidemiology Deakin University
- Nartarsha Bamblett, outgoing member of the First People’s Assembly, North East Region
- Michael Stefanovic AM, Chief Local Government Inspector, Laura Majewski, Senior Investigator Local Government Inspectorate and Jane Gillard, Communications Advisor
- Padmini Sebastian OAM Director Engagement and Partnerships, University of Melbourne
- Dr Niki Vincent, Public Sector Gender Equality Commissioner
- Panel of Local Businesspeople, Matt Nelson, Hume Director Regional Development Victoria, Peter Hill, Executive Officer Museum of Vehicle Evolution (MOVE Shepparton), Karli Sutherland, Co-owner/Business Manager Quicklift Crane and Access Hire and Jamie Lea, Director JL Productions and Hire
- Dr Tasneem Chopra OAM, Broadcaster and Cross Cultural Consultant
For further information, visit the Australian Local Government Women’s Association (Vic) website.
Tickets and inclusions
Tickets are inclusive of an opening cocktail event, full conference program, and gala dinner.
It is possible to purchase a ticket for the cocktail event or gala dinner only (for example, for partners of delegates).
Please list names of attendees under the dietary requirements field at checkout. For all ticketing purchase queries please call the Riverlinks Box Office for assistance on 03 5832 9511
Ticket sales close Saturday 4 June at midnight.
Plan your trip
Greater Shepparton has a number of unique places to stay. There’s a diverse range of hotels and motels and comfortable self-contained accommodation, all relaxing and secure to suit all lifestyles.
Why not extend your stay and take in some unique Shepparton experiences.