If you are thinking about potentially supplying saleable goods to the Visitor Centre, here's some things to think about:
- Hand made/crafted products which represent Greater Shepparton, the Goulburn Valley or Australia and/or icons from these regions are preferred;
- Items will initially be stocked by the Visitor Centre on consignment for a period three months. At the end of three months the level of sales of each product will be reviewed to determine if an ongoing arrangement with the supplier is viable. If on ongoing arrangement is not viable, all unsold stock will be returned as well as payment for any goods sold. If an ongoing arrangement is deemed viable, the supplier will be reimbursed for goods sold in first three months, and quarterly from then on.
- Pricing: the product's recommended retail price should be at least 35% more than the wholesale price (the amount the supplier is charging the Visitor Centre).
- Any display accessories (e.g. stands, story cards, etc.), provided by suppliers must be of a high quality and approved by a Visitor Centre staff person.
- The name and business details of the producer will only be displayed alongside their products if they are current financial members of Tourism Greater Shepparton.
- For fragile/breakable items: protective packaging must be provided for fragile items, that can protect items in transit via post or air travel. This packaging must be of a high standard of durability and presentation.
- Any supplier of goods to Greater Shepparton Visitor Centre must be, or be willing to become, a registered supplier with Greater Shepparton City Council.
- Goods supplied must be well within sell-by/best before dates - suppliers must replace goods when these dates are reached. For non-perishable items, Visitor Centre staff may identify items for replacement by the supplier on a quarterly basis with regard to sales achieved, seasonality, presentation and need to refresh displays.
- The Visitor Centre/Greater Shepparton City Council accepts no responsibility for items lost/damaged from the Centre (all reasonable care will be taken).
- Financial members of Tourism Greater Shepparton will be given preference as suppliers of local merchandise.
If you would like the Visitor Centre to consider your goods, please complete the application form (available for download below) and return to the Visitor Centre, Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton 3630, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.