Greater Shepparton has an enviable climate, vibrant commercial centre, world-renowned fresh produce and an emerging reputation for arts and culture.
Greater Shepparton's location and event facilities make it an ideal location for your next conference, festival or major event. With facilities to accommodate ten to over one thousand, Greater Shepparton offers event organisers a range of venue options, from the intimate to the impressive in a surprising variety of settings. Options include:
- Riverlinks Eastbank;
- The Connection – nestled amidst native forest;
- the world-class SAM (Shepparton Art Museum);
- a private manor with water views;
- authentic wool shed, indoor and outdoor arenas;
- rustic town halls;
- sporting clubs;
- a choice of four golf courses;
- along with an array of purpose-built function centres, all within easy reach of quality accommodation choices.
Greater Shepparton has fantastic infrastructure and facilities and plays host too many regional, state, national and international major events each year.
It has an enviable reputation for being the host venue for many diverse successful conferences, festival and major events in the past including the Australian Open Bowls, Junior Davis and Federation Cup Tennis, International Dairy Week, Australasian Schools Cycling Cup, AFL NAB Challenge football, A League soccer, W league soccer, Australian Cricket Association Masters and Crusty Demons Regional Australia Tour.
Some of the major events in Shepparton attract up to 30,000 visitors, and with proper planning these events are easily catered for.
Accommodation is well catered for with a choice of quality motels, hotels, cabins, caravan parks, leisure centres, hostels, on-campus facilities and bed and breakfast establishments. Greater Shepparton has the capacity to accommodate in excess of 2000 people at any one time.
Greater Shepparton City Council, through its Economic Development Department, offers conference and event organisers a complimentary advisory service.
The Tourism and Events team work on securing and assisting over 85 major event, festivals, conferences and celebrations each year.
Our highly experienced team can assist you with:
- Event planning
- Event sponsorship (through our Small/Large Events Program)
- Assistance with marketing and advertising strategies
- Assistance with obtaining local media opportunities
- Promotion of the event (Council and Visitor Centre assistance)
- Assistance with selection of appropriate venues and accommodation for your event
- Assistance with a free professional accommodation booking service seven days a week
- Selecting of event and function venues and facilities for entertainment options
- Assistance with pre and post touring options around the region
- Assistance with social programs
- Designing of accompanying partner activities
- Assistance with obtaining appropriate event permits required in the region
- Assistance with quotes and organising event suppliers including audio visual, catering, entertainment speakers, gifts, transportation and other event services
- Provision of promotional material, maps and welcome kits
- Ability to design and offer various themed events
- Ideas which can be incorporated into the events schedule
Most importantly Greater Shepparton City Council’s Economic Development Department can provide you with personnel who know the region and its capabilities to assist making any conference, expo or event an outstanding success.
Let the team at Greater Shepparton City Council assist you in creating a memorable event for your delegates and discover one of regional Victoria’s best kept secrets.
For more information
For more details on events in the region please contact:
Economic Development Department - Events
Greater Shepparton City Council
Ph: (03) 5832 9858